(970) 460-6112

©2017 by Rocky Mountain Box Company. Proudly created with Wix.com

Local Fort Collins History

March 15, 2017

One of the historic highlights of Fort Collins is the Avery House. The Victorian-style Avery House, which stands on the corner of Mountain Ave and Meldrum St, was built in 1879. It is named for its original owners, Franklin and Sara Avery. Franklin Avery was a banker throughout Fort Collins’ early years. He was responsible for designing the layout of Old Town Fort Collins in 1873. He also contributed greatly to Larimer County’s irrigation system.

 

The Avery House is now owned by the Poudre Landmarks Foundation, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The historic home is open to the public on weekends from 1-4pm. Its grounds are also often used for parties and events.

 

Are you moving to Northern Colorado and want to learn more about its history? Give the Rocky Mountain Box Company a call at (970) 222-9722.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Recent Posts

August 4, 2017

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

Please reload